Our mouth is the mirror of our internal health. It’s way more mystic than we ever thought it to be. Our tongue aids talking but it’s not only the work its capable of. Infact, it’s a great way to detox the entire body. How? Read till end and you'll discover an amazing way to detox yourself with a simple and cheap yet super beneficial ayurvedic technique to acquire best oral hygiene, acne-free flawless skin, healthy internal organs and what not!
The ayurvedic technique we're laying special emphasis on here, is none other than 'Gundusha Kriya' aka Oil Pulling. This tried and tested technique initially originated in India but today it’s received a lot of attention even in the West for it’s innumerable benefits.
What does Oil Pulling claims to do?
Oil Pulling is the best way to maintain oral hygiene which a toothbrush or a floss can never perform. It's a panacea for all kinds of oral problems. It strengthens teeth, gums and removes plaque along with whitening teeth naturally. Besides, this ancient technique of Oil Pulling tends to cure many systematic diseases other than the absolute detoxification your body needs at regular intervals to get rid of rotting waste inside your body which might have stuck in your intestines, liver, kidneys, skin and heart for a long time. Hypertension, PCOD, Asthma, Migraine, Constipation are just a matter of time when you follow oil pulling religiously.
How does it work?
Our tongue is connected to all our internal organs through thousands of veins. Waste inside our body is present in the form of bad bacteria or viruses which are covered in fats. While oil pulling, swishing oil in the mouth acts as a magnet to pull harmful microorganisms covered in lipids.
When all the toxins are flushed out and impurities are removed from beneath the skin, you are left with freshness through and through.
Benefits of Oil Pulling:
- Promotes oral hygiene
- Prevents bad breath
- Detoxifies internal organs by flushing toxins out
- Reduces acne and gives glowing skin
- Whitens teeth and provides lips a pink tint naturally
- Sharpen Jaw line as facial muscles exercise while oil pulling
- Increases energy level of the body
- Relives constipation
- Cuts extra fat from the body (a positive side effect of the process)
How to Do Oil Pulling/ What Time Is Best/ Which Oil To Use?
We have an answer to every query crossing your mind regarding this miraculous technique. This ancient technique is super easy to perform. Here are a few steps you need to follow;
- Take 1 teaspoonful of any natural cold pressed oil such as coconut, sesame or mustard oil.
- Swish it around your mouth for 10-20 minutes without swallowing any.
- Spit into the trash and rinse your mouth well.
The best time to do this technique is in the morning on an empty stomach before brushing your teeth. Choose your oil well because every oil has an enhanced impact on your oral health in different ways. Some of the most common oral health problems with their best match oils are given below, you can choose which oil suits you the best;
- Digestion problems/Gas/Bloating: Cold Pressed Sesame Oil
- Bleeding Gums: Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- White tongue due to excess mucus: Cold Pressed Mustard Oil
- Tooth Cavities : Cold Pressed Sesame+ Clove Oil
Incorporate this technique into your daily routine as soon as possible to reap utmost benefits. Stay Healthy! Stay Glowing!